Strangely, I have heard the word ‘Resolution’ only around New Year’s Day. For the rest of the year, people use words like – Aim, Promise, Decision and Aspiration. Why is that? Have you ever made a New Year’s Resolution that you kept? I have made resolutions that I’ve kept and some that I have not but none of those were made on the New Year’s Day. Here are a few:
- Reading books regularly – Resolved
- Getting up early – Not resolved
- Being more active socially – Not resolved
- Saying NO to online gaming addiction – Resolved
- Not being perturbed all the time – Resolved
- Doing exercise – Not resolved
I read somewhere, if you do something for 21 days straight; it tends to become a habit. Don’t know how true, but it sure does apply to me. One small example would be, brushing teeth before going to sleep. I tried the 21 days formula, and now I do it daily, ok almost daily. 😛 So, if you have a resolution that you haven’t broken yet, and you are reading this post before 21st January, try to keep it for a few more days. May be, it would just work out. And if you don’t have one but want to do something, this is the time. Decide and act on it.